Individual & Group Crisis Intervention (GRIN) is a three day accredited CISM course which combines both Individual and Group Crisis courses to teach participants the fundamentals of, and a specific protocol for, individual & group crisis intervention. The need for appropriate follow-up services and referrals, when necessary, will also be discussed. Training will be conducted by ICISF certified instructors.
Tuesday, October 23, 2018 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday, October 25, 2018 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
(27 Contact Hours)
What You Will Learn:
• Psychological Crisis and Psychological Crisis Intervention.
• Resistance, Resiliency, Recovery Continuum.
• Critical Incident Stress Management.
• Evidence-Based Practice.
• Basic Crisis Communication Techniques.
• Common Psychological and Behavioral Crisis Reactions.
• Putative and Empirically-Derived Mechanisms.
• SAFER-Revised Model.
• Relevant Research Findings.
• Informational Group Crisis Interventions.
• Interactive Group Crisis Interventions.
• Adverse Outcome Associated with Crisis Intervention.
• Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
This training is great for chaplains, clergy, counselors, organizations dealing with individuals with trauma, disaster response teams, police force, emergency personnel , etc.
Registration is open - this class will fill up quickly so make sure you register early by clicking on the link below:
Vineyard Church of Lafayette
705 Bonin Rd.
Lafayette, LA 70508
For any questions, please call (337) 837-7060